Note to Fran

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Note to Fran

Post  Blossom on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:13 am

Fran, I have put up a links forum and will progressively add those useful links you have provided in the genealogy section, as I get time. That is unless you do it first! I think the links will be more useful here for ready reference.
Blossom
Admin

View user profile http://cosmicconnection.forumc.biz

Back to top Go down

Re: Note to Fran

Post  Fran on Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:27 pm

Gosh there must a trillion there - so how sorted? My own bookmarks are sorted by state/country/family - then I have convict links, war records, national archives, forums, ships/passenger lists, surnames, bdms, cemeteries etc etc Rolling Eyes
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom on Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:45 pm

I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to do anything, I intended to put the links you have already posted up there in one place. I was joking when I said unless you do it first. I apologise if it looked like I had expectations of you.
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:16 am

I was kidding too Blossom Very Happy I had to chase up a link the other day for a friend that's all - she had paid a monthly join up to Ancestry and time was running out - asked if I wanted her to look something up - which I did. We work in concert - if she joins up she does some research for me - and vice versa. Did you know you can not only view entries but save the page to your computer and print it out. Orient printer to landscape or it is a bit small to read. You can print a typed version of just your household or print the image itself.
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:11 am

Yep, I've been doing that. I paid for the annual subscription and now have my daughter, 4 sisters and my brother, 2 cousins, 3 nieces and the French Connection Eva, all able to access it. I have the option to allow them to add to it, or not, I have chosen not, but they can do searches so I'm hoping when they get familiar with it, they will do some of the work! So it is quite good value as they can print out whatever they need. If you need anything looking up, I'm happy to do so for you. I find it the most user friendly site and once it's paid there no other cost. I mkust get back to doing some more on my Dad's line. Eva is going to meet all my family in UK in September so it would be nice to be able to give her more info.
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top