Electric quilt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Electric quilt

Post  karingal on Fri May 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Our latest buy is an electric quilt which I placed in a doona cover...hence my query re doonas. We decided to buy one because as we are age it is inevitable we shall/do experience aches and pains due to a condition called DOB.
I love the quilt being the source of electric thermostatted heat as it is a lightweight quilt (all year use..when unplugged), the quilt is on top of the body so you are not pressing down onto the heat, you cannot feel the wires, it has two remote controls for individual choice of warmth, it has 10 heat settings, three time settings and adjusts (supposedly) to temperature variances of the body and the room.
To be honest since we bought the quilt it hasn't been particularly cool.
Now... to show that I am of Irish descent I have the window approx 35cm high all night...I love fresh air.
No wonder I may need an electric quilt..lol
karingal
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electric quilt

Post  The Estate on Fri May 09, 2008 1:33 pm

Shocked I have never heard of one, is the same as what i call an electric blanket that goes on your mattress ???, I have one of those and a sheep skin underlay over the top, never feel the wires ect.... and I like my butt to me warm Laughing Laughing Laughing
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karingal on Fri May 09, 2008 1:43 pm

Thee, it is the same principal as an electric blanket except it is a quilt IE. on top of the sleeper. We originally were thinking of buying an electric blanket....but on our mattress we have what is called a feather topper..(approx 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick) .... and I was concerned about the fire hazard issue.
So we went for the quilt... must admit, we had never heard of them prior to this purchase Shocked Shocked

EDIT: If you do a Google look for "heated quilt"
karingal
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate on Fri May 09, 2008 2:06 pm

Cool I could have one on top and underneath me and feel like a toasted sanga Laughing Laughing Laughing ot the meat in the sandwich Shocked I think Miss Bell and Mr. Poo would love one I love you
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grasshopper on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:41 am

I bought one of those for a friend for her birthday--I really might also get one for myself--maybe cheaper than the Air con if watching TV of a night. But I will wait till next year now.

Grasshopper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  siri on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:39 am

My dilemma is, if I breath cold air at night I get a persistant asthmatic type cough. If I have an electric blanket I get too hot as I have night flushes, and Hubby can;t stand the wiring underneath him. The only solution we have found is to have the electric heater on low in our bedroom to warm the air, and I spend 1/2 the night tossing the doona off completely and the other 1/2 pulling it back on. I think you could cook a slice of tast on me at my hottest - LOL
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top